Here is a handout about ten top tips for getting published from what will be an outstanding breakout session that Elfrieda Abbe, publisher of The Writer, will present at the San Francisco Writers Conference, February 16th-19th.
10. Never underestimate the power of a good contest.
9. Never underestimate the power of a good article.
8. DIY publishing—More writers are doing it successfully, should you?
7. Platform counts.
6. Publishing is moving online. Are you?
5. Think “packaging content.”
4. Polish your work.
3. The “so-what” factor. What makes your story different and why should we care?
2. Make a good first impression.
1. Study the markets and target your submissions.
Elfrieda will have handouts about these tips at her session.
I have an article in the February issue of The Writer.
For queries and submissions, [email protected]
The goal of the blog is to help you and me understand writing and publishing.
Rants, comments, questions, and answers most appreciated.
The 9th San Francisco Writers Conference/A Celebration of Craft, Commerce & Community/February 16-20, 2012/www.sfwriters.org / [email protected] / https://sfwriters.info/blog /@SFWC/ www.facebook.com/SanFranciscoWritersConference
415-673-0939 / 1029 Jones Street / San Francisco, 94109